Click here to learn more about the New CDS Pyrolysis Sample Prep Station where you can prepare and store everything you need to prepare samples all in one unit.
The CDS 8000 sample concentrator is the first universal GC sample preparation system designed with today's analytical lab personnel in mind. The 8000 is designed to allow Pyrolysis, Purge & Trap, Dynamic Headspace, and Thermal Desorption with one instrument. Easily interchangeable sampling modules provide the maximum in sample flexibility and the quickest setup and preparation times.
No matter what type of sample needs to be analyzed, liquid, solids, pastes, or powders, the 8000 can prepare them for introduction into a GC or GC/MS system. Unique features offer benefits that make the 8000 even more powerful.
Liquid Purge & Trap Analysis
Configured with a sparge vessel, the 8000 is capable of performing sample preparation of liquid samples.
New! For CDS Model 8000
Cryo Trap Option: Permits subambient sample collection on the absorbent trap using liquid nitrogen, with 1°C setpoints from-180°C to 350°C. Trap packed with glass beads.
8000: 25 cm W x 44 cm H x 46 cm D
24 cm W x 7 cm H x 20 cm D
0.3 cm OD x 28.5 cm L
Stainless steel clad fused silica
1.5 m standard
Other lengths available
Heated Zones-Temp. °C
Valve Oven: 350°C
Transfer Line: 350°C
Water Elimination Trap: 350°C
Adsorbent Trap: 350°C
Cryogenic Focuser: 350°C
Dynamic Headspace Vessels: 350°C
Direct Injection Features
GC Injection Port: Allows injection standards directly in the GC for calibration.
Trap Sample Path Components
- Dual Sample Path: Allows water sparging and thermal desorption on the same unit.
- Silcosteel® Sample Path: Provides an inert sample transfer.
- Water Elimination Trap: Prevents delivery of water to the GC.
- All temperature zones are precisely monitored to within 1°C.
- Pneumatic section is quickly removed from electronic section.
Optional Enhanced Analysis Capabilities for Liquid Purge & Trap
- Heating of the sparge vessel
- Integral Foam Sensor (patented)
- Cryogenic Focusing: Allows for increased sensitivity and peak resolution
- Food-aroma volatiles and packaging for spices, beer, cheese, dairy, oils, and more...
- Tobacco-cigarettes, filters, papers, flavor additives...
- Pharmaceuticals-residual solvents, monomers, additives, coatings, oxidation...
- Paints & Coatings
- Forensic-arson investigation
- Paper-specialty inks and coatings...
- Automotive-plastics, rubbers, exhaust/filters, tops, panels, tires...
- Cosmetics-fragrance analysis, surfactants, additives...
- Semiconductor and Electronics-wafers, disk drives, PCBs, components...
- Medical/Clinical Products-IV packs, stints, catheters, packaging...
- Consumer Products-film, shaving products, soap, waxes, gum, adhesives, glues...
- And More...